Nicaragua Managua North Mission

Nicaragua Managua North Mission

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

I Love This Gospel

Hi family and friends! I have had a really good week this week. I dont have a lot to write because in the MTC nothing really changes but My companion and I have had awesome lessons. I no longer need scripts anymore! haha my spanish is getting so much better and I can now communicate really well with people.  My companion and I  have had three lesson with this girl named Myra. She is awesome but it has been so difficult because she knows nothing about God or anything. Her father just recently passed away and she has been struggling a lot. We taught the plan of salvation with her and she really started to get it. The spirit works in so many ways. But the spirit was the strongest when we read a chapter with her in the book of mormon. We read Alma 33 with her and we paused and talked about some verses. It is amazing seeing the spirit touch the investigators heart when you read with them verses in the book of mormon. we committed her to pray and I reall believe that she will come to know that this church is the one for her. I have come to love the book of mormon. My testimony has grown so much from reading and teaching from the book of mormon. I love this gospel. 
We had the biggest hail storm the other day and the size of the hail was huge! well our class was a long ways away and we decided to run for it well i maybe ran 5 feet when I ate it and fell in this puddle right next to a sewage drain. I smelled so bad and we were all dying haha! i promise it was funnier in the moment haha. Oh and we hear gun shots and sirens everynight and jsut the other day was a prison break. We have huge walls surrounding the mtc so we are pretty safe. The safest place in the city! Love you guys and hope all is well!