Nicaragua Managua North Mission

Nicaragua Managua North Mission

Monday, September 22, 2014

THIS IS THE HARDEST THING I HAVE EVER DONE

family and friends!

I dont know exactly where to start because im full of so many emotions right now. Im in Nicaragua and I have been here a week now. Nicaragua is really hot and it has been hard getting used to walking all day. But I think the best thing about this place is the people. When I got here I didnt know what to expect but I soon figured out how blessed i am. It brought me to tears to see everyone in my area living in huts with tin roofs with dirt floors. It was a huge shock to me.nd by the way my companions name is Elder De La Cruz. He is so awesome. We have been working so hard this week. Everything is so different here. No one has anything. literally living on the smallest amount of money. I am so overwhelmed right now that I dont know what really to say but I have had the best week. My companion and I have been teaching so many people and our days are always super busy. THIS IS THE HARDEST THING I HAVE EVER DONE. But i cant begin to explain how much i have learned. In lessons i can hardly understand what the people are saying but I have had the opportunity to bear my testimony and share some scriptures. There is this family that I have gotten so close to. My companion and I eat at there place everyday. I eat beans and rice everyday. and some days we eat only once hahah. I am getting so skinny. I have gotten so close to the kids here. we have handshakes and they always fight over who gets to sit next to me ahhaha. I get scared at all the time and one of the funniest things is that my bishop told me to be extra careful because the girls have been talking about me. everyone stares and some people yell stuff at me like caballo and stuff like that. but I want to share an experience I had. My companion and I have been teaching this woman in the family whose house we eat at all the time. One night we went over and were teaching her about baptism. The spirit was so strong as my companion shared some awesome things in the scriptures. I bore my testimony and felt the spirit more than ever before. We talked to her about the blessings we receive and what it means to take upon us the name of Jesus Christ. After there was 5 minutes of pure silence. and again the spirit was so strong. she then said that she wanted to get baptized. she chose me to baptize her and the next day I went over the baptism interview questions with her and it was an amazing experience. I dont have time and I know this probably doesnt make sense but I want you all to know that this is the best thing a young kid like me can do. It has been an amzing experience as I have been able to see the change in peoples lives. In the next few weeks my companion and I have 3 or 4 baptisms set up! hopefully 4. It is amazing here and I love you all

Love elder Knight