Nicaragua Managua North Mission

Nicaragua Managua North Mission

Monday, October 20, 2014

Third Baptism

Family and Friends, 
This past week has been quite the roller coaster. There have been days where everything that could go wrong, went wrong. But then I have had so many experiences that just keep reminding me of why I am here. My companion and I had an awesome lesson with a guy named Francisco! He was an atheist and we gave the first lesson and it was so powerful. But then we asked him to pray and I talked to him about the feelings of the spirit and after the prayer, he was lie Wow I feel different. So awesome because then he came to church with is and it was so amazing! Like there aren't words to describe. Also this past week we had divisions with 2 zones. I was so scared because I didn't want a change, and my spanish is not very good. Well, I was put with my AP and so I was even more scared haha. I learned so much from him. We worked harder than I have ever worked with my comp. And I had another opportunity as the Spirit prompted me to share my testimony with a family about the Plan of Salvation. The woman had lost her husband. Ill never forget the look on their faces. The spirit was so strong. My AP shared showed me how to be a good missionary and HAVE FUN! He lives like a king compared to me haha. We had so much fun.
Also yesterday was my 3rd baptism! Her name is Dania. It was so special. It is so amazing to watch your investigators take steps forward in the right direction. Oh and the craziest thing happened on Friday night. So we were at an investigators house with the Bishop and his first assistant. We were teaching a lesson and it was so powerful. My Bishop is awesome and his testimony was crazy amazing. But at the end it started to pour. like rained harder than I have ever seen. Well it started to flood their house and so my comp and I jumped in the water and started filling buckets and then we went outside to build a dam because it was getting worse and as we stepped outside of the house it was like rapids! All the way up to my knees! It was crazy! And I didn't have my camera ): I was completely soaked and muddy. It was the best. And then after my comp and I were helping carry kids to dry ground and safety. People were taking pictures of us haha. It was so fun! But sadly 5 people died in my area. My comp and I have 2 more baptisms this week and potentially have 2 more the following. The Lord continues to bless me. I have seen so many miracles and I love the people. Right now it is so hard, but I trust it will get better.