Nicaragua Managua North Mission

Nicaragua Managua North Mission

Monday, October 13, 2014

The Lord Continues To Help Me

family and friends, 
I have had quite the week this past week. I am getting the hang of things, but its still hard because i cant understand everything, but I have had a few amazing experiences. So my district leader went on divisions with me and I was so scared I had to be the leader and know my area and who to teach. It was hard but the LORD CONTINUES TO HELP ME. we were tracting and I felt inspired to tract one street. We were tracting and were having so much success. but then we contacted this man and he looked devastated. I began to tell him that we are missionaries and that we have a message about jesus christ and that he has restored his church back on the earth through a prophet. He then explained that his wife just died and I was like wow! I get to share my testimony of eternal families. I began to bare testimony and he said that he would like to meet with us again! 

I was so excited but then something happened- the couple that we have been teaching got in a fight after we talked to them and we helped them make the decision to get married and how the gospel will bless their family. Well they broke up and as I said my goodbye because gary the boyfriend was leaving. he told us that he will keep what we have taught in his heart and that we would always be with him. He began to cry and i was devastated. I left feeling awful for I truly loved these people. I then ate meat that wasnt cooked and I threw up in my mouth and had to chug water. I am so sick now haha but after lunch we got a call and gary told us that he was staying and we rushed to his house and he said they have made the decision to stay because they love each other and they have a kid who they want to raise up in a happy family. My prayers have been answered, they are getting baptized in the next month and we have many positive contacts! I love all of you and am so grateful for everything you all have done for me. I pray for you all all the time. Just under 2 years! haha love you all!