Nicaragua Managua North Mission

Nicaragua Managua North Mission

Monday, October 6, 2014

First Baptism

Ma familia y friends,
This week has been a complete rollercoaster. I have so many stories to tell. First off I got really sick this past week and it has been so hard on me. We walk all day till the 9:30 and sometimes later. But I have had the most amazing experiences. Tuesday was the hardest day ever. Day after PDAY, and I felt homesick. I felt anger because spanish has been really rough! I felt just every sad emotion possible. Then that night my companion and I went out teaching with our bishop. Out last lesson was with a man named Wilder. Wilder has been fighting with his wife and his wife and kids left for a time. As we began to teach I immediately forgot all my selfish thought and felt love for this man. The spirit really hit me as the bishop began to explain the blessings of the atonement. After I felt inspired to share this scripture: Alma 33:11 And As I described this verse to him I felt the spirit so strong. After he expressed how he felt and began to cry. My being a baby started to cry too. From that point on I decided that I would forget myself and trust in the Lord. The atonement of Jesus Christ is for everyone and to see the change in peoples lives proves to me that this church is true. There is no way that I can have any doubt. I have seen so many things, witnessed the change in peoples lives, and the Lord continues to help me.
I have seen people who literally have nothing except complete faith. My companion and I have 4 baptism dates, hopefully 5 and a family of 2. I have seen a 12 year old with no members in his family read the Book of Mormon and pray with complete faith. A 12 year old! I have the amazing privilege to baptize him next week. I have seen 2 people decide to fully commit to the Lord and give up things for the church. And I just witnessed one of the most amazing things ever! My companion and I just taught Gary y Vannessa. Last night we taught them a scripture to read in Alma 32:27 with Moroni 10:4-5. Tonight we asked them how they felt and they expressed that they felt the feelings of the spirit. My companion then shared Galations 3:6 and I wish I could describe what its like to see the spirit touch people in such a big way. I cant begin to describe the feeling. I turned to my companion and said this is freakin awesome haha. They are getting baptized October 18th because they said they want to learn more. My companion is amazing and is such a good example to me. He is amazing with these people and I have learned so much from him. Now I have two funny stories for you guys.
Earlier in the week we were contacting and teaching Steven the 12 year old. Well an adult who knew Steven came up to us and joined. Well we were finished with our lesson and my compaion was talking with Steven. And so this guy started talking to me and it was night time. So i couldn't really see him. Well he was really interested in talking with me and I was like sweet I finally got to talk normal conversation with someone who wants to talk to me haha so we were talking for like 15 minutes and after I was like Elder! I just was talking the best spanish ever and apparently while I was talking with this guy his friend told my companion that he was interested inme and that I should be careful. My companion started laughing so hard and was like brush he was a cochon! Knight that wasn't even funny. Sorry I am not good at telling stories. This next story is really good though. I promise. So we had a huge storm and this guy saw that we were getting soaked and invited us into his home. Well it turns out that he is inactive. He introduced us to his friend and we began to teach him. He was completely drunk and smelled so bad! The storm was so loud and I could barely hear him. So we finished and we asked the inactive to say the prayer and he was hesitant and..
Okay so recently I have been really sick. Today was the absolute worst out of all the days. So Im waiting for my companion to get out of the shower and Im almost in tears because I have to use the bathroom so bad. My companion comes out and says “don't use the restroom its clogged, and we have no plunger!” And so I was like okay Im just going to go in the shower and the bad thing is that our drain sucks. So my companion says “NO!” So he puts a bag around his arm and stuck his hand in the toilet. He was gagging and yelling and I was on the ground laughing so hard! It worked though haha. This is the absolute hardest thing I have ever done, but I am learning so much. I have seen the Lord’s hand in this work and I have seen the spirit touch so many peoples lives here. I love this gospel and I love and miss all of you so much. Miss you guys! seriously though! Thank you for your emails and Im so sorry that I haven't replied to all of you. I dont even have time to read them because I only have 45 min! But I want you to know how grateful I am for all your emails. They mean the world to me. 
Today was one of my favorite days. It actually started out bad because I ate the nastiest meat ever. It was some part of the cow, but Hermana Lupe gave me a ton of it. More than anyone else. I was shoving it down my throat and tried not to gag. It was so hard. But I just thought to myself, It could be worse. But after we went to the sisters area and helped them get contacts. My comp said he wouldn't help me and if he did I had to pay for his dinner. Well he had to help me haha. But after that I decided to lose my fear and instead I just was happy and excited to talk with them people. The Lord helped me so much to say the things that they needed to hear and contact the houses. When we trust in the Lord he helps us. It is so nice to feel the spirit almost all the time. I love this work. Tonight we went with the Bishop to the house of Gary and Vanessa. They are a young couple and have a few problems that are keeping them form being happy. But as I watched the Bishop talk to them, it was amazing to see this young couple want to change. After Gary bore testimony that he felt different and that he wants this gospel for his family. 

They are getting baptized on the 18th and it is amazing to see these people change. To watch them feel the spirit testify to them that it is true and to match them change. It is amazing. It is so amazing. It still is so fetching hard, but I love it. 




First Baptism!


Elder De La Cruz from Rep├║blica Dominicana.  He loves his companion