Nicaragua Managua North Mission

Nicaragua Managua North Mission

Monday, November 3, 2014

God Has A Plan

Family and Friends!
This week has been really good. I have had ups and downs, but this week I have fallen in love with the mission! I love it! Im starting to really figure out who I want to be. This week I had a lot of divisions! It really is helping to be a good missionary. At first I wanted to cry haha, but now I love it. One wednesday I went on a 24 hour division with one of my buddies from the CCM. Two gringos who are new in an area! It turned out to be the best time ever! We though so well together and I really really loved the people. We had so much success. The next morning we had a lesson at 9:00 am. This was the coolest thing for me. We taught the Plan de salvation con a couple who are super pilas! The spirit was so strong. I loved these people. At the end we got a baptismal date for the 22nd of this month! And they accepted! And they were totally wanting to do all the things to prepare them. Im so sad that I cant teach them anymore, but it was so cool to see the spirit work through two new gringo missionaries. Its been a little disappointing for my companion and I because our investigators don't want to get baptized, but say that the Libro De Mormon es verdadera. Don't quite understand that haha, but one of our investigators is getting baptized the 22nd and Ive been praying and fasting for 3 more! We also have contacted some recent new investigators. Super 20’s! Also yesterday we watched a video on the Plan de Salvation con un inestigador. So amazing. It brought me to tears because this plan brings peace and comfort to those we teach. I testify with all my heart that our Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ love and that God has a plan that literally brings happiness to all those who choose to follow him. Words don't describe the feeling of seeing these people change. Seeing these people want to know the truth and exercise faith. For them to describe their feelings when first prayed or read the Book of Mormon, and then asked God if it were all true. I love this work. I love these people. Even though sometimes they drive me crazy haha. So many funny things happen every day. The drunk people are the best haha. So many funny stories with them. So much I wish I could tell. I love you all and want you all to know how much I appreciate you guys. Your letters, emails, EVERYTHING! You all are in my thoughts and prayers daily! Hope Halloween was fun! 



Flooded streets, due to sooo much rain.  He referred to this in his email, when he mentioned having to help families get water out of their homes using buckets, and also helped get children off the streets to safety. 

                             My new mission leader only 18 years old. Elder De la Cruz.