Nicaragua Managua North Mission

Nicaragua Managua North Mission

Monday, November 17, 2014

"I'm Proud Of You"

Family and Friends,
    It’s Thursday and I really feel the need to write you all after some of the events that have happened this week. Yesterday I went to the area of my District Leader. We had divisions. Elder Orosco and I worked super hard and we taught really well together. It was amazing. We set a baptismal date with a girl named Merleoes. Ive super 20’s. But then something amazing happened that I would like to share. I really hope you all can feel the spirit. So we went to an investigators house to teach the family. When we got there a little girl said that two of the family members were sick in bed. We talked over beside one of the family members beds and asked if we could give a blessing. He said yes and so we explained and bore testimony of the power of succor Pocio. Then I helped him get up into a sitting position. I had just memorized the first part of the blessing for the consecrating and anointing part so I placed my hands on his head and gave the first part of the blessing. Then my companion and I placed our hands on his head and he gave the blessing. It was so powerful. The spirit was so strong. After we went to the other beo where a woman was laying. She was so sick! We again began to explain what a blessing was. I then helped her up because she physically could not get up. But then my companion put a drop of oil on her head. I realized that I was going to be giving the blessing. I havent given the blessing part in Spanish yet. After the anointing of the oil we placed our hands on her head. As I started I felt the spirit so strong that I wanted to cry. I was not alone. I finished the blessing and then bore testimony of the power of the priesthood, especially with the faith of the recipient. I know that this priesthood power has been restored and that it literally is the power to act in God’s name. As we left their little hut, I felt something very special. It was as if my grandma was literally talking to me. “I’m proud of you.” The mission is so dope! HAHA. Im loving it right now. This gospel is amazing and Im watching it bless the lives of so many people. My comp and I have so many funny stories to tell and we are having so much success. We had an awful week two weeks ago, but these people are prepared. We have two baptisms on Saturday. Remember I wrote this on Thursday last week. And 3 the next and more possibilities. Love you all and hope all is well! The new word for if something is cool is 20’s. Everyone here says it. The language is so dope! Love you all!