Nicaragua Managua North Mission

Nicaragua Managua North Mission

Monday, November 24, 2014

Subway

Family and Friends,
    This week has been pretty crazy! My comp is now district leader and so its been hectic. Spanish is coming along and I’m starting to get comfortable. My comp and I always have a good time. We have been working really hard with the members which has been good. But come thing happened this week that almost made me cry. I’m studying and my comp says that we have divisions today, and usually I’m like “oh yeah west!” But when he said it was with the AP, I almost cried. Not really, but I was pretty nervous. Well Elder Compton came to my area and guess what happened?! All my citas (appointments) fell through! But for some reason I was calm! We worked harder than I have ever worked and I learned so much! In one day I learned more than I would in a month! He was so chill. Also this past week we had a two day conference with Elder Duncan. I understood everything! The spirit was so strong and out investigator really felt it. I also today we had divisions with members. It was so amazing! I really felt the Spirit and learned how strong the Spirit is in conversion.
    I went with all of our menos activos (less active). It was such a special experience. We gave two blessings, which was absolutely powerful. We taught this woman named Patricia. She hardly ever wants to talk to us, but this time she was willing. We started with a prayer and then I asked her if there was anything that we could help her with. She opened up to us and told us all the struggles and problems she is having. It was the hardest thing to hear, but the Spirit guided me to say exactly what she needed to hear. The first counselor in the Bishopric bore the strongest testimony. And after she said she felt something different, something she couldn't describe. She was in tears and I was so grateful that the Spirit had touched her in such a way. On another note, yesterday I got rejected 4 times in a row, like so bad. My comp was dying laughing and I was so shocked. Oh and we have 3 baptisms this Saturday and I hope we can put 5 mas fechas (more dates)! Oh and we went out of our area for a new missionaries reunion and there was a subway! Real food! And now they have a huge sign saying “NO REFILLS” because I thought it was all free! My buddy from the CCM was sent home! So sad, two people from my district in the CCM have gone home! So sad!
Well I love you all! Hope all is well! Miss you guys.
Love, Elder Knight