Nicaragua Managua North Mission

Nicaragua Managua North Mission

Monday, December 8, 2014

District Leader

Family and Friends,

          Wow this past week has been pretty crazyyyyy. So first off one of my investigators got shot 5 times in the chest. We hadnt seen him for 2 weeks because he was in the hospital. we had been teaching his mom and a ton of the people in his family. They are really awesome and it has been amazing to see them change their lives and use the atonement. This past week my comp and I went to his house to see how he was doing and he was laying in his bed in pain with a fever . he was swetting like crazy. My comp and I had the most amazing experience. We asked him if he would like a blessing. We gave him a blessing. the power of the priesthood is so real. The next day he was up and walking and told us that he was so much better. He wants to get baptized and I hope that we can get them to go to church. Im excited to continue to teach them. I know that this church is true. I have seen so many miracles, the hand of the lord in this work. 
          On another note I had to say goodbye to my comp today. we cried so hard. the lady that we live with came running to our door and asked if everything was okay hahaha. I also have been given so much responsibility. I will be training a white comp fresh out of the MTC and will be the district leader. At first i was shocked and so scared, but I now have a very peaceful feeling. The Lord put me here because he knows that I can do it. I love this work and am excited to find out who my new comp is. I want all of you to know how much I love you guys and how much i appreciate your support. I know that our Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ live. I KNOW they live and love us more than we can comprehend, and through this gospel we can find true happiness. I have seen it bless the lives of the people here in Nicaragua. 
          Oh and also there is this thing called the Policima and all the people sing and dance to the statue of mary and they give out gifts its crazy. at 3 every morning fireworks are going off. its so annoying haha. well love and miss all of you!
Love Elder Knight