Nicaragua Managua North Mission

Nicaragua Managua North Mission

Monday, December 1, 2014

Thanksgiving

Family and Friends!
  ¿Como están mis cheles?! (how are my gringos, white foreigner) Life in Nicaragua is pretty awesome. This week was a lot of fun. My comp and I had a ton of amazing experiences. This past week my comp and I went to a less actives house who we had never met. She invited us into her house and we began to talk to her to find out what her needs were. But for some reason she was so scared to talk to us. She began to cry and explained to us that things have been hard for her. I felt inspired to ask her if she wanted a blessing. She then burst into tears and explained to us that she has been feeling evil spirits, and that her sister killed herself because she had felt evil spirits. My comp and I bore testimony of the power of the priesthood. Im not going to lie I was really nervous, but as we placed our hands on her head, I felt something very powerful. After the blessing she said she felt better and that she would go to church with us. I know that priesthood power is real. I testify with all my heart that it is the power of God. I wish I could tell you all in person how I really felt. 
          Also this week we went on divisions because my comp had interviews. I was with Elder Sosa and we went to a members house and they have a pig that they are going to have for Christmas. I obviously asked if I could ride it. It was tied to a tree so I couldn't go very far, but I got it on video. Its so funny! Oh also for Thanksgiving my comp, my mission leader, my buddy Elder Ward and his comp Elder Sosa went to Pizza Hut! Elder Ward and I told the three latinos that we were going to teach them how to eat on Thanksgiving. We got so much food! After Elder Sosa and my comp were in the bathroom throwing up. Elder Ward and I were dying laughing.
          Save the best for last! We had two baptisms this past weekend! One on Saturday and the other yesterday on Sunday. Juan is 15 years old and is so awesome. He really just gets it. His was on Saturday, and it was absolutely amazing. We are now starting to teach his mom. She is super positive and Im so excited to see Juan grow up in the gospel. Yesterday we had the opportunity to see Mario enter into the waters of baptism. He is 43 years old. This guy is absolutely amazing. He has a real desire to serve in our church and wants to go out with us to teach! He read and studied the Book of Mormon, and after his baptism he bore a powerful testimony. Im excited for my investigators. I love them. Last week with Elder De La Cruz. Im so sad and nervous to find out what happens next. But its the Lords work and I can do whatever he puts me to do. 

Love you all! 


Thanksgiving at Pizza Hut with Elder De La Cruz and Elder Ward

 Juan, 15 years old

 Mario, 43 years old

 Riding the pig someone is going to eat for Christmas

Meddydan  (He doesn't know how to spell it)