Nicaragua Managua North Mission

Nicaragua Managua North Mission

Monday, January 26, 2015

Villa Flor

Family and Friends, 

Well it was my first week in my new area Villa Flor.  It was probably one of the hardest weeks I have had. I was rejected more than ever this week. We contacted a ton and reached almost all of our metas, but just didnt see success. But I have gained a testimony of Fasting. As our week was about to end my companion and i decided that it would be a good idea to fast as a Zone. On friday we started our fast. After a long hard day of working and not seeing results, The Lord blessed us in ways that i will never forget. We contacted 2 families and had some of the most powerful lessons i have had here in the mission. Then as we were walking to another appointment, a guy ran up to us and out of breath asked us how he can become a member of our church! We were shocked haha. We should have a lesson with him sometime this week! I had been really stressed as I was trying to figure out what we were doing wrong whether it was lack of faith or what, but I learned that the Lord many of times wants to see how we react in the times that are hard. It was a time that i will never forget. My comp said that its just this area, but i learned that if I put my trust in the Lord that miracles will happen. This experience has made me stronger and I have really been able to find out things that i need to change to be a better missionary and to enable the spirit to be with me. 

I did get the wonderful chance to baptize Juan on Saturday! I had one lesson with him haha and he was ready to get baptized. It is such an amazing experience to watch these people accept the gospel and really have a desire to change their lives. Also my comp baptized one of my investigators in my old area! I am so grateful for these experiences. When we show gratitude the Lord blesses us even more. I forgot to explain that my new area is right across the street and so im still in the same church building just in a different ward. It was so amazing to see all the members on Sunday. I really love them. they are my family. It was so funny. I looked into one of the classrooms and it was a class full of 9,10 year old kids. They saw me and in the middle of the class they all ran out and all gave me a hug and were jumping on me. I love and miss my old ward, but am so excited to get to know the people in Villa Flor. 

My new comp is absolutely amazing. we have the best relationship. His name is Elder Burgos. we were running and got chased by a dog. so scary and so funny.   This is his last exchange! he goes home in 5 weeks hahahaha. He is an awesome missionary and I am learning a ton from him. I love you all and hope that all is going well! 

Love, 
Elder Knight