Nicaragua Managua North Mission

Nicaragua Managua North Mission

Monday, January 12, 2015

The Lord Will Always Do His Part

Family and Friends, 

          This week has been really good. We had a couple of rough days but then we are continuing to see the hand of God in our area. On Tuesday my Comp and I made divisions with some of the members. I went with my Bishop and My comp went with another member. I went with the Bishop and nobody was in their houses, but one person. so we taught this man who was baptized 7 months ago, but hasnt gone to church and every week he says he will go. Well we had a really powerfull lesson and the Spirit was so strong. We could see a change in him. So that was really awesome. So It was time to go meet up with my comp and we were walking and we passed by this family that we had to drop because they werent progressing. Well I felt an impression of the spirit so strong to see if they were in their house so we went and they were there! We walked in sat down and started talking and then the Bishop bore the most powerful testimony and shared an experience from his life that could completely relate to this couple and their problems that they have. The spirit was so strong!!! The Bishop then asked if they will get married and baptized and they accepted. Jonathan the husband had changed his life and showed Ivania that he can be a good father. I began to cry. This family had gone through so much and we have worked so hard with them and to see that they had excepted the date for their marriage and baptism made me so happy! The next day my comp and I had the exact opposite, we were not having any success. nobody was home and nobody had interest in our message. So for the first time in my mission I told my comp that we should pray to receive direccion and to help us find those that are ready to hear our message. after we said the prayer, we followed the spirit and every house we went to the people were there. We found 3 families and other people who really want to know more. I know that God answers our prayers. i know it with every part of my being. One thing that i have really learned is putting trust in the lord. The Lord will ALWAYS DO HIS PART. There is not one time where the lord did not complete a promise. I know that if we have faith and if we strive to do our part, the Lord will do his. I know that They live and i know that this is the true church. 
          Also last night we were walking and we were clear up in this part of my area and its the poorest part. We were walking back down and all the lights in managua went out. you couldnt see a thing! and we were in pretty sketchy part of area and all we hear is doors slamming and little kids screaming. My comp and I were like oh perfect and so we started jogging and booked it for the main road where at least there were lights from the cars. so scary hahah. But then we went to a members house and they have these weights that are made of cement. so awesome and im so excited to work out with weights haha. But ya my comp is awesome we have the best relationship he is always teasing me and bugging me and making me laugh because im so full of stress sometimes and i need to laugh. But ya . Oh and some people are really bad liars here and its so frustrating. we saw one of our investigators outside his house and when we were walking he saw us and walked in and so we went to his house and asked for him and the lady said that he left the house to go to church! i was pretty angry. Im also learning to have a lot of patience hahah. But I love you guys and hope you all are doing well! OHIO STATE!! that one is for you scott. 
Love, Elder Knight