Nicaragua Managua North Mission

Nicaragua Managua North Mission

Monday, March 9, 2015

Donald

Family and Friends,
This week was quite the week! I had some amazing experiences that really hit home to me about how special this gospel is. My new comp and I have been teaching this girl who is the cousin of some members in our ward. She struggled a lot with the decision to get baptized, but we had a lesson that was just really powerful. She opened up with saying that she was nervous that she would fall after getting baptized. We then began to talk about faith and putting trust in the lord. When we do what the lord asks we are blessed. This promise is simple, but satan always wants us to think that we will fall or make us think otherwise. This is where faith comes in. We trust in the words of the holy prophets and the feelings of the holy spirit which testifies of the truthfullness of their words. I know that baptism is the first step to enter into the gates of eternal life. I love the scriptures, but most of all the conformations that i have received that the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ. The spirit is amazing and As we read in alma 32:16, 21 she was able to really ponder and act. The spirit is amazing in conversion. She was able to receive a witness that these things were true and that the decision to get baptized will bless her life. She was baptized on saturday! Also My Old comp and I were teaching a man named Donald but he had to have an interview with our president. He was told to wait as he had to receive an answer from the first presidency of the church.He has been waiting about 2 months now and on thursday I got a call from president saying that he could get baptized tomorrow. My comp and I ran to his house and I yelled Donald I have some amazing news for you! You can get baptized tomorrow! His wife who we had baptized a while back jumped for joy. They are an older couple and are my grandparents here in Nicaragua. He was so excited and gave me a big hug! He was also baptized on saturday! His baptism was hilarious because he was late and my comp and I forgot to bring an investigator my comp and I had to sprint 5 minutes to bring an investigator to his baptism. we came back out of breath and sweating like crazy. Then On sturday night i got a call from our aps that Presidente Collado will work 3 hours with us in the field. I literally crapped my pants! i was so nervous, but it ended up being an awesome experience. we had some really cool lessons and he was able to show Donald the email with the signature of the prophet and his counselors saying that he can get baptized. Well that was my week. 7 MONTHS!! Miss you all! thank you for your support. Especially grateful for my brothaaasss you all know who you are.
Elder Knight