Nicaragua Managua North Mission

Nicaragua Managua North Mission

Monday, March 30, 2015

Fruits of Our Labors

Family and Friends,
This week has been pretty crazy! It has been so hot here. and this next week is semana santa and so im going to die in the sol. My comp and I are started to see the fruits of our labors. The lord has really strengthened us and we have been able to find new people to teach. This week was so awesome though. We had a zone meeting on tuesday and my comp and i talked about unity as a zone and how important it is to work together to accomplish our goals. We set one day this week to fast as a zone on wednesday. then on thursday, the hermanas in my barrio had a baptism. His name is kimi. he is so awesome and he has really been able to change his life around. its amazing how the gospel can change peoples lives. he told me i have never been able to change untill you guys came and taught me. He has stopped drinking smoking which he has never been able to successfully accomplish before.  all the missionaries in the zone came to support the hermanas and we all brought investigators. the spirit was so strong and it was such an amazing experience. after the baptism all the missionaries in our zone gathered together in one room and knelt down in prayer to break our fast. It was so powerful.Our zone finished with 20 baptisms and 8 in this past week. The lord has helped us so much, and we have been able to accomplish a lot only with his help. Also I had the chance to give interviews for a couple who got baptized on saturday. They both broke out crying and were so happy. they have truly changed and felt the saviors love. Also my comp and I have been struggling in our area but we had an amazing week and were so blessed to bring 4 investigators to the church! I love how the lord works. he blesses us after the trial of our faith. Im really beginning to realize that when we are grateful for what the lord has given us he blesses us with more. My comp and I have laughed harder this week than any other week. The funniest things happen here in nicaragua. Last night we killed a rat that ran out in front of me. My comp screamed and i was dying laughing and then after we killed it. he threw it at me and i screamed. solllooooo muladaaasss. Things are going great here in villa flor. I think i will be in managua my whole mission. hahah love you all and thank you all for everything.
Elder Knight