Nicaragua Managua North Mission

Nicaragua Managua North Mission

Monday, May 4, 2015

Its Also True In Spanish

Family and Friends,
Well this week went by really fast! Im healthy and am fattening back up again haha. It was crazy here in Nicaragua because The 1st of May is so huge here. It was a huge party with music and little tents with food and all kinds of things.  We could hardly walk through the streets. It rained for the first time in 5 months!!! It was like a river in the streets with water up to my knees. This week was full with parties and everything so it was very hard to find our investigators in their homes, but we were able to have some really cool experiences.
First of all I had the wonderful oportunity to finish the Book of Mormon in Spanish! ITS ALSO TRUE IN SPANISH. It was such an amazing experience to be able to finish the Book of Mormon this week. I really have come to love the scriptures and to feel of the spirit everytime i read. I have gained so much strength from reading and have been able to really come to know my savior. The Book of Mormon is so full of promises and is such a huge aid in our lives. I would like to invited you all to read daily. I didnt read daily before the mission, but by reading the Book of Mormon you will find more peace in your life. 
My comp and I this week contacted the coolest family. Its a mom and her 4 kids. At first the mom was a little hesitant and told us that she will not follow through with any compromiso, but we shared more lessons with her and she has come to realize how the gospel can bless her family. She has been struggling to find a job to support her kids, but she has come to realize that the lord is there for her and that by living the gospel she can recieve the blessings that the Lord has promised her and her family. I love how the spirit works and how many times our message is just what people need in their lives at this very moment. They went to church and stayed for all 3 hours! They were so happy and the Mom had changed her heart. 
Also one of my good friends here in my ward recieved his mission call. It made me a little trunky thinking back on when i received my mission call but it was so awesome. Hes going to Honduras. and I called that he was going there! haha. 
Also if you all could please continue for Omar y Perla. They have a baptismal date for this saturday and we are praying that Omar will be able to get his papers in time so that they can get married and then after baptized! that would be awesome. Also i went with a recent convert this week to teach people and it was so amazing to see how far he has come. we had such a powerful lesson with Omar and Perla and he shared his experience and testified with power. The spirit was so strong. 
Well thats it for this week. Love you guys so much and hope all you mothers have a wonderful mothers day(:
Elder Knight